Fall in love with someone who treats you like kanye treats kanye
i cant even make it past the table of contents im laughing too hard
WHAT IS THIS BOOK!?!
It’s called “Zeus Grants Stupid Wishes: A No-Bullshit Guide to World Mythology”
By Cory O’Brien, and it looks highly entertaining. :D
Gilgamesh: THE ULTIMATE BROMANCE
Give it here, now.
Sweet Fluffy Gods why is there not an audiobook version?
I need to find this book.
The first time Iv’e wanted to read something since Metro 2033.
guys…look what we did :D
Crows are scary
- use tools
- Can be taught to speak (like parrots)
- Have huge brains for birds
- like seriously their brain-to-body size ratio is equal to that of a chimpanzee
- They vocalize anger, sadness, or happiness in response to things
- they are scary smart at solving puzzles
- some ravens stay with their mates until one of them dies
- they can remember faces
- SIDENOTE HERE BECAUSE HOLY SHIT. They did an experiment where these guys wore masks and some of them fucked with crows. Pretty soon the crows recognized the masks = douchebag. But the nice guys with masks they left alone. THEN, OH WE’RE NOT DONE, NO SIR crows that WEREN’T EVEN IN THE EXPERIMENT AND NEVER SAW THE MASK BEFORE knew about mask-dudes and attacked them on sight. THEY PASSED ON THE FUCKING INFORMATION TO THEIR CROW BUDDIES.
- They remember places where crows were killed by farmers and change their migration patterns.
Guys I’m really scared of crows now.
i love crows so much
Crows have also been shown to work collaboratively. Corvids as a class are all capable of it; they will work together to solve problems with optimal results, behaviour seen only in those higher animals demonstrating arguably sapience.
Corvids—magpies specifically—have also shown self-recognition in mirror tests, which implies a concept of “self”; this doesn’t appear in human infants until the age of FIVE.
Tool use is endemic to the species and they have been shown passing the knowledge along to both cohorts and young, and play has been observed—play, especially, is a sign of an advances species, since it serves no biological imperative. Again, it’s a trait of the higher animals.
It’s entirely likely that if humans were to disappear tomorrow, corvids would become one of the dominant terrestrial life forms on the planet due to their intelligence and awareness. (The cetaceans would likely rule the sea, die to their awareness, brain size and most importantly, sociability. The cephalopods would do okay, but their solitary nature is a barrier for more advanced evolution.)
You can also keep ravens as pets, if you want to be all badass and shit.
First of all, need to correct that “higher animals” should be “animals with higher intelligence” because there’s no such thing as higher or lower animal.
Secondly, one of my supervisors pissed off a bunch of crows TEN YEARS AGO and they still attack him and try and shit on him when they see him. Don’t mess with crows, man.
this is some airbending shit right here
what just happened
when u sneeze in front of your pet and they look like you’ve just offended their great ancestors
I interrupt my frequent unhappy rants about my low self esteem, panic-inducing lifestyle and all the ways fandom craps on itself to bring you ducklings in dresses made of cupcake papers. Ok. You need this. Shut up and accept that you need this.
Randomly remembering a joke and laughing about it to yourself
This fucking duck. Gets me every time.
So I never posted my finished Garnet cosplay. Sowwy~ I get so excited during cons, I never really take formal pictures.